The Department of State (DOS) is given the responsibility of ensuring citizens free and equal access to State, Local, and Federal government information. The Government Information Center (GIC) was created to help harness the power of the Internet.
The GIC is a small team of professionals including web developers, designers, social media experts, information systems managers and others that work with state and local government agencies to help them connect, though the web, with the citizens of Delaware.
Tasks the GIC Performs
Some of the tasks the GIC performs to meet this mission are:
- Maintaining, updating and enhancing the state's Delaware.gov web portal to facilitate convenient and comprehensive access to government information.
- Expanding Delaware's on-line offerings into the realm of eGovernment; making it possible for citizens to do as much business as possible with the state on line.
- Providing citizens with convenient access to a complete collection of on-line information and resources published by state, local and federal government agencies.
- Advising state agencies and local governments on issues related to on-line content management and publishing services.
- Recommending and promoting statewide web publishing standards, consistent with information technology standards articulated by the Department of Technology and Information, to improve citizen access to information.
- Training state and local staff in the latest web publishing tools and standards, social media usage, and communications strategies that take advantage of the latest internet technologies.
- Helping to ensure that content on state web sites is readily accessible to individuals with disabilities.