Help us tell Delaware’s story.
The Government Information Center’s mission is to help connect citizens to their Government through dynamic and accessible design and story telling.
Learn more about our team and check out the work our team has been up to!
Please note, merit and exempt state employment positions, when available, will be posted on the Delaware State Jobs website. Unless otherwise noted, GIC employment opportunities are contractual.
Position Currently Available:
The Government Information Center is seeking a Videographer to create and manage digital and multimedia content that promotes Delaware programs, services, and quality of life to our residents, businesses, and visitors. This position will work across state government agencies to develop video concepts, service multimedia requests and assist with livestream production for marketing and communications departments across the state. This position will work in a team-based environment, and also work alongside agency clients. This is a contractual position hired through Goodwill that will report to the Director of Multimedia in the Government Information Center.
Successful candidate is a problem solver who wants to experiment with methods and styles of storytelling to bring new perspectives to recurring stories. The candidate will be able to manage multiple projects at once in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment. This candidate must also be able to work some evenings and weekends as projects dictate and meet daily deadlines.
A Bachelor’s Degree and 3 to 6 years of experience is desired.
- Collaborate to produce a wide range of video content, from social-first, asset-driven/motion graphic content to in-depth, talent-driven features for multiple destinations including delaware.gov stories, external videos, marketing/social media, recruitment/training and other enterprise-wide projects
- Work closely with stakeholders and collaborate with Creative Team members to develop and refine video projects through content brainstorms and multiple edits
- Plan and execute video shoots including but not limited to location scouting, storyboarding, script writing, filming and editing
- Assist with livestream production including setup, live switching and take down
- Familiarity with digital cinema cameras and DSLR video cameras
- Video editing with Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro, Avid, or similar software
- Using team collaboration platforms like Wrike, Slack, or similar platforms
- Developing accessible video content (closed captioning, captioning for online/social)
- Motion graphics creation in After Effects/Motion
- DSLR photography
- Live streaming software (Livestream Studio, VMix, Wirecast or similar)
Please Submit a link to portfolio or reel, as well as a description of your role in creating each clip.