The Government Information Center is part of the Delaware Department of State, and state employment positions, when available, will be posted on the Delaware State Jobs website
Front End / WordPress Developer
A Bachelor’s Degree and 5 to 8 years of experience is desired.
Successful candidate will be able to manage multiple projects at once in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment. This position is primarily based in Dover, Delaware but some travel to New Castle County is expected.
- Candidate must have a strong understanding of UI and UX and the differences between the two, cross-browser compatibility, accessibility standards, general web functions and best practices.
- Must be able to take a high fidelity web design mockup from a PSD or Adobe XD file and translate it into usable code.
- Design and implement websites from initial concept, site architecture, and user interface to finished deliverable.
- Experience WordPress development including theme and individual template development, plugin tweaks, new feature development.
- The position requires constant communication with the internal GIC team.
- Candidate must also be able to work independently, as well as part of a team to establish project deliverables.
- Experience in planning and delivering software platforms used across multiple products and organizational units.
- Strong grasp of security principles and how they apply to websites and applications.
- An ideal candidate will also have a passion for connecting citizens and communities to the programs and services they need.
- 5+ years of HTML 5 experience with cross-browser design and implementations, proficient crafting pages, knowledge of W3C standards.
- 5+ years of CSS3 experience building libraries using transitions and media queries. Knowledge of preprocessors LESS and SASS.
- 3+ years of WordPress related experience building custom themes, templates, functions and plugins.
- 2+ years of PHP programming experience, object-oriented programming, database driven applications, consuming API’s on LAMP environment.
- 4+ years of extensive experience with Bootstrap framework and Font Awesome (or similar) libraries.
- Experience or knowledge as a user experience (UX) designer is a plus.
- Understanding of cross-browser testing tools or platforms.
- Knowledge of Google Analytics and Search Console is a plus.
- Experience using team collaboration platforms like Wrike, Trello or similar platforms.
- Experience with CSS Grid.
- Experience developing website with accessibility best practices and standards.