The Government Information Center (GIC) works as an internal consultant to Delaware state government on modern web practices and designs and maintains mobile responsive websites. Below is a list of projects that are recently launched, underway, or slated to start with state agencies, boards and commissions, and cities/towns.
Highlights from Recent Projects
The newly redesigned Delaware.gov features a large, state-wide search bar, easy access to Government services, helpful guides, Delaware state job search, news spotlights, beautiful photos that capture the true essence of Delaware and much more! Explore the new Delaware.gov and share your feedback.
Working together with partners from DHSS, DPH, DEMA, and the Governor’s office, GIC rapidly stood up a website to help respond to the COVID-19 pandemic. The site has evolved quickly, reflecting the pace of information and guided by public need. By using WordPress, partners across multiple departments are easily able to collaboratively update the site with the latest information.
GIC worked with Department of Services for Children, Youth and Their Families (DSCYF) to develop a full rebrand for their organization. Their new, responsive WordPress site features vibrant brand colors, a new logo that pulls from their traditional logo elements with a nod to the future, and new branded assets. Users will be able to quickly connect with the information they need through carefully developed audience-based portals. The new site also highlights stories of adoption and fostering. Now more than ever DSCYF is ready to serve Delawareans. View the full press release.
Exciting Projects Happening Now
In partnership with DTI, the GIC is taking steps to ensure State websites are more accessible. All sites designed and developed by the GIC are reviewed with accessibility checkers like WAVE so that the GIC team can remedy any accessibility errors identified through these programs.
The GIC empowers agencies through education to ensure their websites and web content is as accessible as possible. This includes how to create accessible PDF’s, apply proper alternative text to images and more.
“True Blue” CLF Conversion
To better serve all Delawareans, including those with low vision, the GIC recently transitioned State of Delaware branding from “Delaware Teal” to “True Blue”. This new color provides high contrast which helps those with low vision to better see important information.
You can see the new “True Blue” color in the header and footer of the Delaware Coronavirus website.
The GIC team is upgrading all of our websites to the new WordPress editor, Gutenberg. WordPress included its new block-style editors in version 5.0. Gutenberg’s customizable blocks make website editing a more visual experience. Learn more about Gutenberg from our team.
But that’s not all….
Our creatives are hard at work!
The GIC’s Graphics and Video teams are continuously creating new and innovative content for state agencies! This includes branding, graphics, social media elements, website designs, informative videos and much more.
GIC Designed & Developed Websites
State Agency Sites
- Abandoned or Unclaimed Property, VDA Program
- Artist Roster
- Attorney General
- Board of Pardons
- Board of Parole
- Buena Vista
- Captive Insurance
- Census Complete Count 2020 Commission
- Contracting Blog
- Council on Deaf and Hard of Hearing Equality
- Delaware Advisory Council on Career and Technical Education (DACCTE)
- Delaware African and Caribbean Affairs Commission
- Delaware Commission on Indian Heritage and Culture
- Delaware Commission on Irish Heritage and Culture
- Delaware Commission on Italian Heritage and Culture
- Delaware Corporate Law
- Delaware Day
- Delaware Division of Corporations
- Delaware Division of the Arts
- Delaware Grown
- Delaware Joining Forces
- Delaware Public Archives
- Delaware Quality Partnership
- Delaware Standardbred Breeders’ Fund
- Delaware State Police
- Department of Agriculture
- Department of Finance
- Department of Health and Social Services (DHSS)
- Department of Labor
- Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Control (DNREC), Alpha
- Department of Technology & Information
- Division of Accounting
- Division of Historical and Cultural Affairs
- Division of Human Relations
- Division of Libraries
- Division of Professional Regulation
- Division of the Public Advocate
- Division of Revenue
- Division of Small Business
- Domestic Violence Coordinating Council
- Export Delaware
- First State Blog
- Government Efficiency & Accountability Review (GEAR)
- Governor’s Advisory Council on Exceptional Citizens (GACEC)
- Heritage Commission
- Insurance Commissioner
- Lt. Governor
- Merit Employee Relations Board (MERB)
- Office 365 Project
- Office of Conflicts Counsel
- Office of Defense Services
- Office of State Planning Coordination
- Office of the State Bank Commissioner
- Office of Veterans Services
- One Stop: Delaware Business License Application
- Open Data Council
- Open Data Portal
- Opportunity Zones
- Portal Alpha
- Public Employment Relations Board (PERB)
- Public Integrity Commission
- Public Service Commission
- Secretary of State
- State Employees’ Charitable Campaign (SECC)
- State Fire Commission
- State Fire Marshal
- State Fire School
- Supplier Diversity Blog
- State Treasurer
- Veterans Home
Supporting Delaware Municipalities
The GIC provides assistance to local governments. Take a look at the municipal websites we have designed and developed.
Related Topics: Award Winning Websites, CLF, Common Look and Feel, Delaware web standards, Department of State, Development of New Websites, GIC, Government Information Center, Maintenance of Websites, web design, Web Standards